Science Lessons and Investigations, Grade 6
How it works:
Use Science Lessons and Investigations to introduce sixth graders to fascinating real-world scientific topics while building upon existing knowledge. Students enjoy the interactive aspects of the 14 units, including hands-on activities like science experiments, art projects, and STEM challenges. This teacher’s edition includes all the resources educators need, including answer keys for vocabulary and comprehension activities.
Core subject areas and topics include:
- Cells and Life
- Making and Processing Food
- Inheriting Traits
- The History of Life
- A Tilt for All Seasons
- Dynamic Earth
- History Through Geology
- Water’s Role on Earth
- Weather and Climate
- Thermal Energy on the Move
- Matter and Its Interactions
- Predicting Motion from Forces
- Wave Behavior
Features and benefits:
This print teaching resource gives you everything you need, including:
- Concept engagement activity that sparks students’ interest and engages prior knowledge by introducing each topic with questions and discussion. (Engage)
- Exploration activity that helps students explore the concept through hands-on investigation. (Explore)
- Reading selections, real-life visuals, and vocabulary review to help students develop understanding. (Explain)
- Comprehension activities incorporating higher-order thinking to help students show and apply what they have learned. (Evaluate)
- Writing prompts and hands-on activities* to help students apply and extend their understanding. (Extend)
*Hands-on science investigation that may include science experiments, STEM challenges, observations, art projects, and other creative cross-curricular activities.
Guide students in investigating real-world topics in life, earth, and physical science with Science Lessons and Investigations for Grade 6.
No customer reviews for the moment.